Spinsterella

Saturday, January 08, 2011

When I'm 40...

(1) I don't want to be dying my own hair.

(2) I don't want to be living in a shared house.

When I tell non-London people that one of my flatmates is 40, their reaction is along the lines of: what's her story? what's gone horribly wrong with her life?

To which I respond along the lines of: it's LONDON, it's really fucking EXPENSIVE, even RICH people share houses, that's JUST THE WAY IT IS.

But. I really, really, really don't want to be living in a shared house when I'm 40. I've got four and a bit years...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • Hm. I'll be 40 this year, I did have my own place and now I'm back to sharing. But I'm happier. Just because society tells you you should have this and should have that by such and such an age, doesn't mean you have to. (I think you can go a bit mad living by yourself, people are social animals.)

    By Blogger Annie, at 7:12 PM  

  • Meh - Unless you want to live in a shit part of London or pay a stupid amount of money, living alone in London is very difficult.

    Unless you're planning to get into the financial services industry, or live outside of zone 5, I think your options are limited.

    Of course, it all becomes a lot easier once you couple-up with somebody...

    By Blogger LC, at 8:45 PM  

  • Surely coupling-up is just flat-sharing by another name. I've known many people in London who kept a relationship going simply to avoid accommodation problems.

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 1:58 AM  

  • I *loved* living alone. I'm definitley a bit set in me ways now. Just as well nobody wants to go out with me really, don't think I'd cope well with coupledom.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 9:27 PM  

  • Zone 6 is boring. But then again so am I.

    By Blogger Geoff, at 8:34 PM  

  • By Anonymous final izle, at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home