Spinsterella

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2010: Good fucking riddance to all that

Bad

I spent most of 2011 on the dole. This was grim, and got grimmer as the months went on and on and on and on and on.

I think my mother is getting more crazy.

My friends are all increasingly lost to girlfriends and husbands and babies.

I did not have sex. Or so much as a snog. Or anything. It's been THREE PISSING YEARS.

Good

I got a job. One where I can say - this is what I do - and it sounds pretty good (so long as I don't mention the catastrophically low salary) and my bosses don't hate me (yet).

I have new friends. Well, flatmates and work colleagues at least. And I am now living near to my few remaining friends who still, like, go out and stuff.

On Balance

Well, 2010 has finished considerably better than it started at least.

2011 Resolutions

I don't do resolutions, really. But I might think about maybe putting myself in a position where I might get some leg-over action ... before 2012, at least.

Yeah.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • You got the date in your first para wrong. Unless this is the beginning of some kind of experimental online science fiction writing project narrated in the retrospective first person (although that would mean that the rest of the post doesn't make much sense, unless you're being incredibly avant garde).

    You should shag one of your flatmates or colleagues. That almost never goes wrong...

    By Blogger LC, at 9:48 AM  

  • Well if you’ve been pissing non-stop for three years it’s not surprising you haven’t had sex.

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 1:40 PM  

  • The Brothers Grimm were good Spin, but by God you're Grimmer...

    ;)

    Happy 2011

    xxx
    Mort

    By Blogger Morton Shadow, at 2:35 PM  

  • I'm not avant garde, I'm an idiot.

    My flatmates are both girls. And annoying. My colleagues, on the other hand...

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home