Spinsterella

Friday, December 07, 2007

In the meantime..

...despite the fact that everybody on the planet* seems to want to go out with me at the minute, I haven't forgotten about my little crush. And I knew I had one more chance to see him again...

SCENE: A works sort of thing.

I knew he'd be there.

But despite my hopes he hadn't casually emailed me after we met the other week to say 'nice to meet you' or 'thanks for the work you did for us' or any other tenuous excuse to say hello. His manager did, but who gives a fuck about that?

And I started thinking - maybe I read it all wrong...

Back at the works thing: I spotted him out of the corner of my eye deep in conversation with some other vaguely important bloke. Hmm. I'm not confident or important enough to barge in and go 'hello' so I got on with other schmoozing. Then the other bloke walked past. Did that mean that he was alone?

I turned around. Yes. I stormed over before anyone else could monopolise him and said hello. He kissed me on the cheek (yesss) and we had that inevitably stilted conversation you have to have with someone that you last saw when you were a bit pissed. But still nice. My waist tingledwhere his hand had briefly rested when he kissed me hello.

But barely seconds had passed before some young bloke came up and started talking to him, completely ignoring me. Completely. The worst thing was, I had just met this random bloke earlier and he had used me as an excuse to talk to Bloke I Fancy, then proceeded to freeze me out while talking utter shite.

So I made my excuses and left them, assuming that I'd see him again before the end of the night. But I didn't.

Fuck.

Bollocks.

That was it - I will not run into him for any work-related reasons again. Bollocks again.


*Er, about three people, that is.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • triple bollocks.

    Can't you think of any excuse to get in touch again without seeming too keen?
    The tingling means something.

    By Blogger red, at 10:22 PM  

  • Oh bleeding hell. It sounds a bit like the end of Brief Encounter.

    Try to contact him again if you can. Life's too short!

    By Blogger Betty, at 5:35 PM  

  • Hmmm.

    I might run into him socially at some point. I'm kind of depending on this.....

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 9:31 PM  

  • when you do, throw ice cubes at him then duck when he turns around and looks. this always worked for me.

    no it didn't.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 10:24 PM  

  • The tingling must mean he's some kind of healer, right, or has electricity coming out of his fingers and you were wearing some kind of polyester gusset.

    By Anonymous wyndham, at 7:36 PM  

  • Hmmm, I've jsut realised that the first sentence of this post makes me sound like a complete cunt.

    Obv, 'everybody on the planet' translates as three people.

    And y'all know it's been a loooong time coming.

    Polyester gusset - ooh, sweaty. I only do natural fibres you know.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 8:51 AM  

  • The tingling is good as someone said, but he did allow someone to freeze you out, which isn't gentlemanly!

    By Blogger pink jellybaby, at 11:54 AM  

  • balls to maybe running into him socially at some point. life is -as Betty says- too short. email him, say you're sorry you didn't have another chance to talk to him that night, and then ask him out. what's the worst that could happen? he says no, you'll get over it. he says yes...

    By Blogger Rosie, at 6:49 PM  

  • oh, and i liked your interview with LC very much :-)

    By Blogger Rosie, at 6:51 PM  

  • Oh my God if I asked him out and he said no my LIFE WOULD BE OVER!

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 7:15 PM  

  • no it wouldn't, don't be silly. it'd be over if you asked him to his face and he said no, though. don't do that.

    By Blogger Rosie, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home