Spinsterella

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another Exciting Day

(I know! It’s only been a couple of weeks since the last one.)

I was out last night with my Indie Rock Friend, IRF’s lovely girlfriend and loads of his mates. It was one of those lovely afternoons in the local pub full of people who knew one another, and friends of friends, and a few by-standers all melding together in an air of general bonhomie.

I was nattering away to my friend’s girlfriend while at the same time enjoying the view I had of the bloke stood opposite us. Later, a few bevvies down, I got chatting to said chap. We got on rather well and I thought after a while: "He’s going to ask me out."

He did.

He and his friends had to go so he took my number and we arranged to go for a drink some time when we both manage to find a window in our incredibly busy schedules. He cheekily kissed me briefly on the lips as he left.

What about that then?

I was so pleased with myself that I immediately went out and spent the rest of the night pashing on a dancefloor with a shockingly good-looking young man.

Gosh.

I should do a Part II really, that’s a lot of action already. Ah, fuck it.

So me, IRF and another friend headed into town to a top indie-disco. First of all there was a bit of a dry run where a very young-looking bloke asked me if I wanted a drink. I demurred politely (too young, but still, nice to be asked).

THEN:

The three of us were thinking of heading home when we discovered a dancing space right by the bar, so we set up camp there. We were set slightly apart from the rest of the dancefloor so when a young, very good-looking chap came and danced near us I thought, ‘Aha! the lurk. I know what he’s up to.’ He got chatting to IRF first, then me. We talked, and danced, the four of us, then I got chatted up by the DJ for bit (!!) but I soon wriggled out of that to get back to my friends (and cute bloke).

Eventually, inevitably, he kissed me. We spent much of the next hour snogging like a couple of 14-year olds.

What was he thinking?

Aside from the fact that he was extremely good-looking and considerably younger, he’s clearly the sort of chap who spends a fair bit of time making his hair just right (assuming that you thing that Vince Noir looks pretty good). Now, this club was rammed full of extremely pretty 22-year-old women who had made a similar sort of effort with hair and frocks and eyeliner and stuff.

I am nondescript enough at the best of times and I was wearing the jeans, flat boots and black t-shirt that I’d been stomping around town in all day.

I was with two male friends, which I’d always assumed would be the kiss of death for the whole pulling thing.

He’s 26 (I google-stalked the minute I got home, hurrah for the kids and their fondness for social-networking sites). I’m, um, older.

So why me?

Men: endlessly baffling.

Well, don’t worry kids, he lost interest rapidly when he realised I wasn’t going to be going back to his shag-palace in Acton with him. And I’m sure he wouldn’t have had the slightest problem getting rid of his hard-on on the nightbus with any bird-with-eyeliner in the vicinity.

Still. Immense fun.

Suitable Bloke (the first one – you’d forgotten about him, hadn’t you?) has called already.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

  • Shag palace in Acton???

    Acton???!!!

    Bloody hell.

    But seriously it shows making an effort is a waste of time.

    By Blogger Billy, at 10:11 PM  

  • wow - i love days/nights like that (sadly only ocurring when there is a blue moon)...

    By Blogger Kirses, at 9:20 AM  

  • So some young muffin shows an interest in you, and your reaction is "Why does he like me and not all these other women? Men are completely baffling!" ?

    You, madam, are completely barking. The normal reaction, when recieving attention from an attractive member of the opposite sex, is: Woohoo! Go me!

    By Blogger LC, at 11:26 AM  

  • I don't get it. The old Spinsterella hadn't seen any action for about sixty years. Then there was a break, and on the new posts you seem to be fighting men off with a stick every time you open your front door. Have you in fact been replaced by another Spinsterella?

    By Blogger Betty, at 12:20 PM  

  • I have officially decided you are my single queen. I will live my single life through you.

    By Blogger red, at 2:41 PM  

  • Thanks to a new regime, my obliques are coming along nicely.


    Just thought you may like to know.

    *calls in response to Veronica*

    Coming, dear!

    By Anonymous wyndham, at 4:21 PM  

  • From what I remember of indie discos, there was never any kissing going on. Everybody was too shy to talk to anybody else let alone kiss.

    Do they still chicken dance?

    By Blogger Geoff, at 7:04 PM  

  • Ah, reading this I feel a misty-eyed nostalgia for drunken dancing in indie clubs full of beautiful men with messy hair. However, I haven't had that kind of male attention since... well, never!

    And if I rocked up at a top indie disco now, they'd probably think the cleaner had come in early.

    By Blogger Miss Meep, at 7:09 PM  

  • could it be global warming? after all, the oceans are rising and you live on an island. are you particularly buouyant? do you dress in a buouyant manner?

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 9:28 PM  

  • I must admit that Betty's thought crossed my mind too. Does it come in a bottle? Can you send me some?

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 10:11 PM  

  • I know! Shocking, isn't it!

    However, in the cold light of day I have been replaying the end of the night, when fit young bloke mooched off *without* making any attempt to get my number...

    Just as well, really. The only other time in my life I pulled at an indie disco didn't go all that well.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 6:19 AM  

  • Golly. What a good night. I'll have some of what you're on, please.

    By Blogger Hannah, at 11:33 AM  

  • Maybe he had some hideous secret that all the girls his own age know about....

    By Blogger llewtrah, at 6:03 PM  

  • Action: Sex City.

    but I'm confused - has man with your number used your number?

    By Blogger Boz, at 11:12 AM  

  • What about the crush guy from a few posts ago?

    Four men no resolution on any!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home