Spinsterella

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ex boyfriend in new girlfriend shocker

So yeah, I had a boyfriend for a bit during those long non-blogging months. I'll get around to telling you all about that shortly.

But first – last night.

I was walking up the street with a (male) friend. It’s Saturday night, it’s busy as hell and heading towards us – it’s him.

With a girl!

Things that ran through my head in that split second:

He’s with a girl. Well, that didn’t take him too long, did it? She’s awfully young looking. Pretty? Yes. In an idiosyncratic way though. Does she look like me, ever so slightly? Maybe. I’m glad he’s met someone. I suppose he’s one of those relationship guys. Or maybe she's just a friend. Isn’t he going to say ‘hello’? Is he blanking me? Maybe he didn't see me. Maybe he thinks I’m with my friend. She looks like a student. I wonder if it's a first date. They're not exactly engrossed in conversation. Not going that well, heh. Oh god, why should I care?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • "Does she look like me, ever so slightly?"

    So this guy has a thing about Leanne Battersby then, right?

    You're well rid, I'd say Spin...

    Bob

    Wrod vrecififificaoin: snrgr. Is that textspeak or summat?

    By Blogger Robert Swipe, at 4:34 PM  

  • You sound as if you remained quite cool. I would have felt violently sick and started shaking, however little I really cared.

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 6:49 PM  

  • God yes - you sound remarkably cool about it. I would have gone all skittish and ended up binge-drinking to cope with the shock.

    By Blogger rockmother, at 7:54 PM  

  • sounds about right.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 10:13 PM  

  • He's probably thinking much the same thing.

    "Who's that bloke she was with?"

    "Why didn't she say hello?"

    "Shall I put this in my blog?"

    etc.

    (WV is "bypxm", which is how a Polish DJ tells how fast a record is)

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 4:18 AM  

  • 'cool'?

    Not me. Maybe I really am just a hard-faced bitch. I did only go out with him for, like, 2 months.

    And oddly, the New Woman does look rather a lot like Leanne Battersby.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 5:59 AM  

  • There's always the awkwardness - do I pretend he doesn't exist or do I say "hi" and pretend he's just a friend I met via something or other.

    It's one reason I never dated colleagues. Okay, colleagues accounted for 98% of males I ever met(family accounted for 1%). but the awkwardness, and sometimes animosity if things went bad, meant it really wasn't worth it.

    By Blogger llewtrah, at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home