Spinsterella

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's 2007. Woo.

To think that this time last year I did a Spinster Round-up of 2005 bemoaning the fact that it was a bit barren. Now I realise that 2005 was a riot of dating and fucking in comparison with 2006. I cheer myself up with the thought that at least it can’t get any worse in 2007 unless I enter a nunnery.

I never do New Year Resolutions as they are completely and utterly stupid. However there are a couple of things I am going to attempt to achieve in 2007.

1. I am doing the Moonwalk. Which, if you don’t know, is the London Marathon (walked, not run, I'm not mental) at midnight, in May. What was I thinking? Apparently you have to train and stuff. Jesus.

2. I'll be moving. Maybe. I can’t really commit to anything yet but I’ve been in the same house for three years now and I’m getting itchy feet.

Unlike many other bloggers, I am not planning to write a book because I have no imagination.

I am not planning to plan to get laid before the year is out, because that would be tempting fate.

I am not giving up booze for January because that’s the quickest route to misery I’ve ever heard of.

That’s it.

Happy New Year!

14 Comments:

  • yeah - i reckon you do have to train for the moonwalk. we applied and didn't get so did the sunwalk instead - only half the distance and during the day. we all got shocking sunburn. if i can just offer this pearl of advice born of bittaaa bittaaa experience - don't rely on fabric glue to decorate your bra, like i did. on the plus side, i did finish in record time ...
    (happy new year, btw)

    By Blogger mad muthas, at 11:29 AM  

  • I flashed immediately to Michael Jackson's moonwalk at first and thought, "How curious!"

    All the best in 2007.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 12:51 PM  

  • I've heard about this Moonwalk thingy - it sounds like the best spectator event ever. I'll be cheering you on from my vantage point.

    By Blogger LC, at 12:57 PM  

  • Here's wishing you meet a hot date and an estate agent on the moonwalk and kill off all resolutions in one.

    By Anonymous stagedive, at 1:43 PM  

  • I walked a marathon once. You'll want to train, for sure. And make sure your clothing doesn't chafe -- a small rubbing makes a big impact after 6 hours.

    Sounds like a superfun time: enjoy.

    By Blogger Nicky, at 1:46 PM  

  • Happy new year! Best of luck with the moonwalk, remember to take a hip flask with proper booze in it. I have no imagination either; my mythical book is going to be FAKSHOOAL.

    By Blogger patroclus, at 2:02 PM  

  • Happy new year.

    Avoid scrumpy.

    By Blogger garfer, at 4:16 PM  

  • I'm giving up booze. For 7 days. Because I'm on antibiotics. That is my only resolution.

    Imagine if you didn't know about the Moonwalk and chanced upon it. Now that would be scary.

    By Blogger Billy, at 4:28 PM  

  • I have no resolutions just a number of completely unrealistic aspirations one of which is to successfully post a link on a comment. (If you go to my blog you can see them.)

    Walking a marathon in the dark,why didn't I think of doing that.

    By Blogger realdoc, at 5:20 PM  

  • My New year's resolution this year is not to be quite so backward in coming forward anymore.

    After all you only live once. Seize the Day! Carpe diem! Caveat emptor! Cretin hop etc.

    My motto? I'm going to wash that man right into my lair in 2007!!

    Come on Spin - what say we go out on the pull together????

    You know it makes sense.....


    xxxx


    'Berta

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 7:48 PM  

  • Oh. Yes. I forgot to mention that you are expected to do the moonwalk in a sequinned sparkly fluffy bra. Not sure about that - I'll be in me very supportive sports bra and very tight extra-support top.

    I have just done 4 miles at 4.6 mph at the gym. Piece of piss...

    Fuck, I'm boring myself here.

    Let's hope I get laid soon, eh, for all of your sakes as well as mine.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 8:23 PM  

  • i've tried to get on the moonalk a couple of times but it's very heavily subscribed. don't forget to set up a justgiving page so we can all throw money at you (except LC, who will be standing at various points en route to throw money at you. and stare at your bra. all that).

    By Blogger surly girl, at 9:44 AM  

  • You are a riot! My grandmother always said never to plan--so who knows what the year holds in store for you!

    By Blogger Novel Nymph, at 6:16 PM  

  • i've never heard of the moonwalk, but it sounds bril. you want company?

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home