Spinsterella

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Don't fucking flatter yourself, sweetheart.

Ian was a travelling fling.

I liked him a lot. He was funny and clever and good-looking. But I wasn’t having any coupley daydreams: even for a backpacker, he was a tart. From what I could gather, he’d had a different girl every town he stopped in; in fact, he was with someone the night we met. (He spent the entire evening ignoring her and blatantly chatting me up.)

So, not boyfriend material.

We kept in sporadic email contact, and met up again a couple of times after I’d returned to the UK.

The week before I was due to visit him in London the second time (a non-clingy 6 weeks later), I got a phone call.

He had slept with one of his housemates, so I was now not allowed in the house. I should perhaps add at this point that the first time I visited him, he had already shagged another of his flatmates.

I was pissed off. Not about his shagging, but about the barring order. Was this the start of a relationship with Flatmate-Conquest II? Fair enough, I’ll disappear, I told him. But apparently not.

So why was my visit such a problem?

He decided that he should come and visit me instead. I considered saying fuck away off, but in the end I relented as I’d already booked a day off work.

But two days before he was due to arrive, he phoned me in a bit of a panic.

"I don’t want to go out with you, you know."


14 Comments:

  • Argh! Arsehole! So unnecessary, too!

    By Blogger Loganoc, at 9:02 PM  

  • I always feel a bit sorry for people like that - they must be so insecure. Best given a wide berth though.

    By Blogger looby, at 9:51 PM  

  • ew, ew ew, slutty guys, ew.
    makes me want to take a shower.
    ew.

    By Blogger First Nations, at 3:55 AM  

  • He obviously hadn't seen you "wearing fishnets, a feather boa, and cleavage", Spin.

    (Enduring image, mmm, isn't it?)

    Any more news on TV-you-gave-your-mobile-number-to?

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 12:00 PM  

  • I like slutty guys. As opposed to saddoes who can count their conquests on the fingers of one hand.

    Then I expect them to stop being slutty (with other chicks, that is) when I get my claws into them.

    *sigh*

    I'm onto a bit of a loser, here, amn't I?

    PS Bob, I refer you back to the relevent comments for your answer

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 6:47 PM  

  • Ugh - freakoid tosspot! Those sort of blokes just want their molly-coddling mummies to tell them what to do because they just don't know how to behave. Sooooo unnattractive but my god I cannot deny that I've been esconced with a couple of sorts like that and they really are biohazard toxic wastes of skin to be avoided!

    By Blogger rockmother, at 8:43 PM  

  • I once went out with a man (pah!)who said 'I'm not really sure why I'm seeing you. You must be fairly (pah!) special as you're not remotely pretty'.

    Where do they breed people like this?

    By Blogger Bex, at 11:08 AM  

  • He sounds like a wanker. I just hope he was brilliant in bed.

    By Anonymous emma, at 7:43 PM  

  • I once went out with someone who told me I could be really pretty if I was thinner but that he had an image to maintain and was used to going out with models so if I stopped eating for a few weeks he would consider carrying on seeing me otherwise all bet's were off. I ordered the full english breakfast and told him to sling his hook.

    By Anonymous Tedward's Missing Ear, at 10:02 PM  

  • *cogs whirr, or at least rotate slowly*

    Oi! You just called me a saddo!

    By Blogger Homer, at 10:16 PM  

  • No offense intended Slurker.

    Remember, I have a tendency to go out with complete arseholes.

    Or at least I did, when I used to go out with men.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 6:55 PM  

  • Any word from tranny?

    By Anonymous rockmother, at 7:08 PM  

  • No word from tranny.

    But, as Flatmate pointed out, he did seem to be *with* one of the girls in his gang.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 7:13 PM  

  • I'm echoing bob there now.

    By Blogger treespotter, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home