Spinsterella

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

"You sweat quite a lot for a such a skinny bloke."

...is my chat-up line for young Eamonn Hamilton (that's him from Brakes, and latterly of British Sea Power) which I completely failed to use this weekend at Truck*, despite the fact that I wandered past him half a dozen times.

(Well, it's a bit more imaginative than, "I really enjoyed your set", or, "When's the new album due out?" (Isn't it?))

But he does! Sweat a lot, that is. He's not much taller than me and appears to be made out of pure sinew. He's so lean. I am transfixed by the veins on his arms. The sweat was visibly dripping from his bald head, creating dark patches on the shoulders of his tee-shirt. How sexy is that? And he has nice teeth.


One of the many fabulous things about Truck is that because it's so small, and none of the bands are really famous, you often find yourself dancing beside someone who was on stage twenty minutes ago or wandering past them in the campsite.

So why didn't I go up and say hello to young Eamon then?

Um, not sure really...I really am crap, amn't I?

*Truck, not Truckfest.
Truck is an indie rock festival, Truckfest is about trucks.

(I am slightly concerned that the person pretending to be Paul Blezard may still be reading this, because it now looks like I'm a fickle young filly who stalks a different unwitting victim every festival.)

Update

Who the fuck is Paul Blezard? (ye've been wondering) Here. He's *very* confident. And he reads a book a day.

Anyhow, that's all old news, it's all about skinny skinny minor rock stars these days. Look at those veins in his arms! And fuck me, check out his neck!

*faints*

17 Comments:

  • And, do you still not like Regina (the queen of everything)?

    By Blogger Loganoc, at 1:02 PM  

  • That's because Paul Blezard is really Bob Swipe in reali life. (No not really!);-)

    By Blogger rockmother, at 2:29 PM  

  • oh my god, rockmother, we promised we wouldn't tell! geeze!


    'fickle filly'..that cracked me up!

    By Blogger First Nations, at 2:52 PM  

  • I think "You sweat quite a lot for a such a skinny bloke" is an excellent opening line, if said along with the right facial expression.

    By Blogger Billy, at 5:34 PM  

  • Damn.

    I was planning to challenge Bob and Blez to a celebrity death match with me as the prize.

    He'll just have to beat himself up a la Edward Norton in Fight Club.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 6:44 PM  

  • i still don't know who paul blezard is.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 8:13 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 8:44 PM  

  • skinny
    sweaty (very)
    veiny
    bald


    Blegh. Won't be fighting you for that one Spin.

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 8:52 PM  

  • oh christ, those photos didn't help either. Now you and I would have no trouble going out on the pull together - completely different tastes.

    The picture of Blezard on the other hand - now that's more like it

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 10:13 AM  

  • He may be the best-dressed man in London alongside A.A. Gill, but I'd shit him in a bundle - and the Gill wanker. And he certainly won't have the face of Paul Smith when I'm finished with him. Harvey Smith, perhaps...

    (...sits back, stroking a calipered leg, waiting for someone to comment along the lines of "he ain't pretty no more....")

    (sorry, Ro-Mo loves it when I talk like a chav...)

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 11:36 AM  

  • Blimey, that veiny neck is something else! You'd better hope he can sing like a dirty angel.

    By Blogger frangelita, at 11:45 AM  

  • I just hope the guitarist got his geography assignment finished for school the next day. Wouldn't want to make 'Sweaty' McSweeney mad again - not after that stinkbomb incident last term!

    By Anonymous lethe, at 3:32 PM  

  • Ha.

    The guitarist has actually doubled in weight since last year when those pictures were taken. And he has huge sidies now.

    Still looks about 18 though

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 11:37 AM  

  • lololol love it! I'd have said something just as err... honest!

    By Blogger Sooz, at 5:39 PM  

  • Perahps he's a skinny bloke because he sweats so much?

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:04 PM  

  • I wonder if he got the veins from the old shoot-up tourniquet.

    Anyway, you could try that for a gambit: "I really, really dig your VEINS, man."

    By Blogger DavetheF, at 8:40 PM  

  • That Paul Blezard, of One Word fame, is an impostor.
    His real name is Paul S. Blezard-Gymer.
    I am the real Paul Blezard! Paul N. Blezard that is.
    After all, I was here first!
    I'm the one who writes about motorcycles.
    Here, for example.
    http://john.rushworth.com/pics/blez/index.htm
    PNB

    By Blogger PNB, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home