Spinsterella

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Stop Press

I was lying in bed this morning shortly after eight, listening to the radio, contemplating getting up, when I heard the following lyric:

"She was packing her bags; I was writing my blog.."

Blimey – a song about blogging, is this a first?*

It’s called ‘Number One’ and it’s by Mister Solo. Never heard of him? Well, he also goes by the moniker of David Devant and his Spirit Wife, who you probably have.

He’s playing in Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club in Up London tomorrow night. I’d hazard a guess that it’s the first Working Men’s Club in the world to play host to such an astonishing quiff. I’d be there meself, but I’m off festivaling (Cornbury. Bloody link isn't working.).

Back next week.

*Probably not, but I’m always a bit behind the times.

8 Comments:

  • Hey Spinny - see you at Cornbury

    By Blogger the Beep, at 10:25 AM  

  • Oh my god - I produced a music video for him once! Weird guy. I love Bethnal green Working Mens Club - it's a great venue.

    By Blogger rockmother, at 11:30 AM  

  • I notice it is written by a man, because of course women don't have blogs.

    By Blogger Billy, at 1:45 PM  

  • I'm writing my blog while they're dragging the lake.

    By Blogger Geoff, at 2:01 PM  

  • the first song on blogging was It's Probably Me, by Sting

    By Blogger treespotter, at 4:48 PM  

  • Have a great trip!


    had to sign this from a boy because, you know, 'we' don't blog.

    By Anonymous kyahboy, at 9:10 PM  

  • "She was packing her bags; I was writing my blog.."

    Come on Spin, put us out of our mis'ry. Does he rhyme it with "I curled one off, sitting on the bog?" Or not?

    Hardly friggin' Larkin, is it?

    (Although, thinking about it, he did have somewhat of a piss fetish, didn't he?)

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 11:01 AM  

  • Cornbury sounds like my kinda festival. Hope you have a good time.
    REL

    By Blogger Remiman, at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home