Spinsterella

Friday, April 28, 2006

Update on boring shit. I'd wait till the next bad-sex post if I were you.

Hello everybody!

Hello especially to the New People, some of whom have been commenting recently. Where have you all come from then?

Anyhow, blogging action has been limited recently. There has been some Heavy Family Shit (take two highly-strung women (that’ll be my mum and her sister), add in a stressful situation (some family illness), and Spinny’s playing referee). Added to which, I’ve actually been working for a living.

So I’ve hardly even visited any other blogs for ages, and certainly don’t have the time to check out any new ones like I normally would. Never fear though, as the week after next I will be unemployed (er, I mean freelance) again, and will be free to blog-surf all day.

So, work then.

As anybody who has been paying a lot of attention will be aware, I’m back temping at the place where the nasty people work, also home to Mr Oh-I-forgot-to-mention-I-have-a-girlfriend.

Cunts first.

They’re in a different department so I don’t see them that much. Mr Hardbody did give me a cheery hello when I started, but didn’t bother to talk to me or anything. And god-help-me he has such a hot body that I find my eyes following him round the office from a safe distance. (I wouldn’t though. Twat. Or would I? Maybe.)

I ran into one of the interchangeable blondes in the loos, and she was dead friendly, but to be fair, she wasn’t the worst of them.

The worst of them was the uber-unfriendly girl who missed me out on the tea round. I met her in the lift yesterday morning, and, I swear to God, she would have blanked me if I hadn’t said hello to her first. So we chatted about the job that I’m doing and she said, "It just goes to show you it’s all about being in the right place at the right time."

What!

Fuck off!

There was no ‘right place’ or ‘right time’ involved. I happened to be recommended by a Very Important Person from another company because I’m fucking brilliant. I didn’t say that though. I just smiled in a futile attempt to out-do her in the falseness stakes.

Bitch.

And Mr Lets-go-on-a-date-oh-not-really? He had a lovely holiday in India and we’ve had a few innocuous chats about music in the office. Back to being just friendly, I thought. Then I got a random text saying he had tickets for The Flaming Lips in London last week. Eh? I had the excuse of Tragic Family Shit of course, but what would that have involved?

Him driving?

Staying over????

Christ.

5 Comments:

  • I think he just wants to not quite have an affair with you. It would involve lots of meaningful silences over coffee, sighing, staring into the middle distance, etc etc. Platonic pecks on the cheek are held for slightly longer than is comfortable, and might be unexpectedly close to the mouth, but they never quite turn into snogs.

    And I'll bet that if and when you got bored and actually did some rudeness with a real live chap, he'd feel able to get jealous.

    Hope yr other crap resolves itself. Keep smiling, and if that doesn't work, keep drinking.

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 4:48 AM  

  • Dude, go to the concert and then tell him you remind him of your brother. Who lives with Brandy, who works at Fill-in-local-gay-bar here and will have the op in a few weeks. Heh. But, yeah, I hope the family stuff sorts out. Good luck!

    By Blogger No Shit Sherlock, at 11:36 AM  

  • Blanking people is one of the rudest things someone can do to you. If anyone tries to blank me, I make a big thing of saying hello loudly and probably waving as well. Grr.

    Oh and Tim, your not-quite-affair does feel a bit like Brief Encounter. I think it needs the "accidental" touching of the arm as well.

    By Blogger Billy, at 7:02 PM  

  • Don't worry about stupid ugly Blanker Lift Girl - she's just obviously jealous and threatened by your intelligence and popularity. Bitch! Hm..Mr Date Not Quite sounds a bit potentially damaging if you ask me.

    By Blogger rockmother, at 12:04 AM  

  • Hi, I'm a New Person.

    Sorry, I should have introduced myself before; I'm not always great with the netiquette. I found you via Surly Girl, who I found via LC, who I found via that Armadillo guy, who I found via my friend Hayley.

    I like your blonk very much, cheers.

    By Blogger Annie Rhiannon, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home