Spinsterella

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Update on Current Happenings - Still Rubbish.

You’re probably wondering what happened to the bloke who asked me out over Christmas. Well, you’re probably not, but I’m going to tell you anyhow. To recap, he emailed me asking me to go for a drink, I emailed him back saying OK, then I never frigging heard from him again…..

(There was also some confusion with a second guy, but he’s got a girlfriend now so you can forget all about him.)

A month or so later I did some work at that company. And the Bloke completely ignored me. Every time I walked past his desk, his eyes remained glued to the screen. On the Friday after work about ten of us went to the pub and he still didn't look at me, even though I was at the same table. When I got up to go everybody said goodbye, even the people I had just met, apart from this Bloke, who stared at his pint.

Christ.

What had I done? Perhaps he never got my email?

So the next week I made as many cups of tea for everyone as possible, forcing him to say "Yes, Please" and "Thanks" and look me in the eye. Which he did. In a very nice friendly smiley manner too. Then my moment came. I gave a couple of the guys a lift home, and as it worked out, Bloke was the last one to get dropped off. So I had a good five minutes alone in the car with him. Because I’m dead shy, I didn’t say, "So what the fuck are you playing at, asking me out then totally blanking me?" But we did have a perfectly nice chat and it wasn’t awkward or anything. Still. I don't know.

I’ve finished working there now, though I may be back some day. Well, at least he’s actually speaking to me now.

9 Comments:

  • Maybe he's as shy as you.

    By Blogger Who is this Dave?, at 9:19 AM  

  • o mi god - why did you not ask him??? that would so drive me nuts!

    By Blogger Kirses, at 12:02 PM  

  • We're both shy/embarrassed I suppose.

    Anyhow - shy boys are No Bloody Good. What we want is big assertive dominating manly men to roger us roughly and throw us around. In short, we want Sean Bean. Oh yes.

    (Um, Flatmate and I have just OD'd on re-runs of Lady Chatterly's Lover. Sorry.)

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 12:23 PM  

  • Ah, now I see where I've been going wrong.

    *Makes mental note to be more arrogant and pushy with women in future*

    By Blogger LC, at 12:50 PM  

  • Is that Sean Bean with the mullet or without?

    By Blogger Wyndham, at 1:59 PM  

  • It is so unlucky that you live completely at the other end of the country from me (Sean and I being identical twins*).



    *Identical in the sense of both being men with two arms, legs, eyes etc.

    By Blogger Who is this Dave?, at 3:24 PM  

  • life is short, my darling. you must ask. the worst that can happen is you get embarrassed, and noone bled to death over that.(remounts her high horse and rides off at a brisk canter)

    By Blogger First Nations, at 3:47 PM  

  • i'm going to preface this by saying that i don't know shit from shinola about men (recent happenings being entirely due to luck and the universe serioulsy owing me one). that said...

    isn't it the guy who never looks at you or makes eye contact that fancies you? it seems to me that if he were indifferent to your existence he wouldn't go to such pains to ignore you. i think he's just petrified by women in general and your stunning beauty in particular and is screwing up the courage to ask you out again.

    and yes, sean bean IS mellors. yeah.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 7:37 PM  

  • agree with first nations on this one - gawd, you have to know.

    life is too short for regrets.

    By Blogger Tabby Rabbit, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home