Spinsterella

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

God, I'm tired

I’ve just had eleven-and-a-half hours sleep, and I’m still knackered. Just as well I don’t have a job, eh?

The reason for this exhaustion is that I’ve been up-London visiting my very good Indie-Rock Friend. On Monday we started in Forest Hill at 8am, then went via Clapham to the V&A, the British Museum, the British Library, to Tottenham Court Road to see Graham Coxon, then off to Shep’s Bush to see the Shortwave Set.
Where we met up with the lovely Patroclus and lc.

I was pretty anxious about this. This blog is not intended to be seen by anyone that knows me in real life. God no. The horror. (I usually wait till I’ve known people for, oh, at least a couple of weeks before I tell them all about my hopelessly disastrous love-life, Bad Shags I have had, and my embarrassing medical complaints.) Plus, both Patroclus and lc have incredibly clever witty brilliant blogs, whereas mine is just so much self-indulgent wank about how nobody wants to go out with me. So, obviously, the thing to do when you’re suffering from a touch of inferiority-complex is to have four pints in advance of the meeting, and Shout Loudly throughout.

Anyhow ladies, I was planning to do a review for you of lc’s Amazingly Awesome Pecs, which he has been blethering on about for some time now. Unfortunately, in common with most of the audience, he kept his jacket on throughout the entire gig. What's all that about?

*slopes off, muttering about ‘feeling the benefit’*

7 Comments:

  • I have been reading yoyr blog for some weeks now and I think it is wonderful.

    By Anonymous Ildergreier, at 1:36 PM  

  • Sorry Spin - I'd just spent a few days in freezing, snow-bound Scotland and my nipples were like bullets. Had to keep them covered with a thick jacket in order to avoid accidentally jabbing you in the eye with one of them.

    By Blogger LC, at 1:46 PM  

  • Spinny, it was really great to meet you, and Indie Rock Friend. Top gig, too. Excellent night all round.

    And gentlemen of the blogosphere, I can hereby confirm that young Spin is every bit the super-hot chick.

    Hmm, is it OK to say that? Where's my Handy Guide to Blogworld Etiquette when I need it?

    By Blogger patroclus, at 5:57 PM  

  • ooh, that sounds like great crack! so glad you guys hooked up. damn i wish i lived in london.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 6:17 PM  

  • LC has accused you of wiggling in a distracting manner. Surely even a mardy grouchbag like you can accept that as a compliment? I bloody would.

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 5:36 AM  

  • Um yes.

    Thanks for all the compliments everybody.

    *blushes*

    Ildergreier - I popped over to your blog to say hello, but I don't know what hello is in Norweigan. Sorry.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 10:35 AM  

  • Yeah - what Patroclus said. Men of Briztol, you're missing out.

    By Blogger LC, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home