Spinsterella

Friday, March 24, 2006

Date. (I think)

Tonight, I’m going out for dinner, then to see the The Secret Machine with a tall, intelligent, interesting, fit bloke.

How the fuck did this happen?

I worked with him a while ago, but hadn’t heard from him since back then. Then he emailed me yesterday.

Email 1 – he’s got one or two tickets to spare for the gig.

Now this was puzzling. "I’ve got a spare ticket" is clearly an invite, but two? That could just translate as "Yeah, yeah, I’ve got these tickets but I’m not interested. You can have them. Or not, I don’t really give a fuck"

Email 2 –He started wondering about where we should meet. Now that’s a bit more like it.

Email 3 – He suggests we get some pizza first.

Crikey – from randomness to dinner date in the space of three emails – holy fuck.

Update

5pm - nervous, me? No. I always brush my teeth three times immediately before I go out.

Real Update

11pm - look, the fact that I'm home at 11 isn't necessarily a bad sign, is it?

9 Comments:

  • He just didn't want to appear overkeen in case you're not into him in a bodily fluids kinda way. With the "just happened to have some spare tickets" line he can pass it off as a 'just friends' thing.

    But I bet he'll be wearing his best pants.

    And I bet you will be too.

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 9:58 AM  

  • Exciting stuff! And the Secret Machines singer bloke has a very sexy voice, into the bargain.

    By Blogger patroclus, at 10:07 AM  

  • Whoo-hoo!!!

    *chants* Go, Spinny! Go, Spinny!

    Have fun tonight. I expect details tomorrow, damnit.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 11:47 AM  

  • Oooh sounds promising! The gigs going to be amazing, they're great live... Have fun!

    By Blogger The Lady Muck, at 1:46 PM  

  • "But I bet he'll be wearing his best pants.

    And I bet you will be too."

    Jees - how big are the dang pants, fercrineoutloud???

    Have a great date,

    Bob

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 2:00 PM  

  • Hurrah! Have a great time, whatever happens :)

    By Blogger looby, at 2:10 PM  

  • He's clearly tired of wanking and desperate for a shag.

    Just put a paper bag over his head and enjoy it. And don't forget to take pics while he can't see for all of us to laugh at.

    Make sure your own paper bag doesn't fall off though.

    *runs*

    By Anonymous Piggy and Tazzy, at 4:54 PM  

  • voice of experience sez: order a pizza with minimal toppings so that chunks dont flop off onto your blouse.
    bad scenario: have cabfare IN A POCKET OF YOUR CLOTHING in case you have to ditch out and leave your stuff behind at the table.
    good scenario: remember your birth control, take a shower, DO NOT MOSH, and check your teeth for crud.
    I hope you have a wonderful time!

    By Blogger First Nations, at 6:11 PM  

  • Spin, we need more of an update than that!

    By Blogger patroclus, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home