Spinsterella

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Why I never Pull # 463

(Because I’m a belligerent idiot when I get a few beers down my neck.)

A friend of mine had a bit of a housewarming soiree last night. Around midnight, drunk as fools, all ten of us decided it would be a fantastic idea to gatecrash the party next door. As soon as we arrived I got chatting to an attractive man, but I took an instant dislike to him (for absolutely no reason whatsoever) and meandered off (probably after insulting him. I do that sometimes). There was another really gorgeous bloke floating around, but without even speaking to him I decided I didn’t like him either, and ignored him completely.*

Perhaps if I wasn't such a complete twat I’d have a chance of dating again before I die

*In my defence, the next-door-neighbours have a Five Year Plan, which they told my friend all about the first time they met him. So it’s probably fair to say that their friends are also all twats.

7 Comments:

  • Perhaps it's a kind of emotional defence mechanism - you automatically take a dislike to somebody who you actually fancy, so if you fail to pull them you can tell yourself that you weren't really interested anyway.

    Girls are always insulting me, and this is the only plausible explanation I can think of.

    By Blogger LC, at 7:01 PM  

  • I don't know, trust your radar that's what I say.

    By Blogger The Lady Muck, at 10:08 PM  

  • Drink removes the capacity for intelligent thought along with the social inhibitions that prevent us making twats of ourselves. Take it from one who knows: beware if it makes you belligerent. It's a bad sign of worse trouble to come.

    By Blogger DavetheF, at 9:07 AM  

  • "...the next-door-neighbours have a Five Year Plan"

    So what are you saying, Spin? You live next door to Mr & Mrs Stalin???

    Never mind being single - it's a wonder you got out of the party alive....


    Love on ya,


    Bob

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 12:44 PM  

  • Happily, the Stalins live next door to my friend, who resides right the other side of Bristol. Anyhow, even the Stalins are scared of me.

    For Irish folk like meself, insulting people is something we do to people we like (and fancy), it's true. But we also insult people we don't like. It does get confusing...

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 4:04 PM  

  • Spin, don't blame yourself; that leads nowhere.

    Blame the men. Always blame the men.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 2:30 PM  

  • i did the same thing at a party on saturday night - i just have this thng where i think life is too easy for very good looking guys so i like to make it difficult for them by avoiding them... i'm sure they don't even notice though..

    By Blogger Kirses, at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home