Spinsterella

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sarah

Most women are great. But every now and then I meet a girl who needs a good fucking slap for making the rest of us look bad.

A few years ago my flatmate-of-the-time worked for a big company. There were lots of other early-twenties folk who worked there, so there was a pretty lively social scene – they used to all go out at least once a week. Flatmate really fancied one of the girls, Sarah.

It’s funny the way a lot of people have a ‘type’ – and Sarah fitted his perfectly – brunette, straight hair, girl-next-doorish (you know, no make-up, nondescript but fairly pretty).

She and Flatmate became best of friends. They chatted for hours, either she’d be round our house, or they’d be on the phone. She giggled at all of his jokes, and she good-naturedly let him take the piss out of her as well. They also started doing stuff like play badminton together (???) and doing coupley things – if they were away for the weekend they’d share a bed. As they became closer Flatmate’s fancy for her was increasing to unbearable levels.

Had she just wanted to be friends, well, fair enough. But no, that wasn’t enough attention for Sarah. She was constantly saying things to Flatmate like:

"I really wish I fancied you more, we get on so well."

and:

"If I was going to go out with anyone, it would be you."

On several occasions, they had a snog, and even a bit of a fumble – always instigated by Sarah. So you can understand why Flatmate spent six months thinking that he was getting somewhere. Even with the benefit of hindsight, all the signs were there that things were progressing nicely.

Then, the lovely Sarah started having an affair with an older, married work colleague, and dropped Flatmate like the proverbial ton-of-bricks. We realised that she never had any attention of ever going out with him, she was simply using him for attention whilst in-between boyfriends.

Bitch.

17 Comments:

  • I've met sooo many women like that it's unbelievable - mostly the girls my best friend tends to get wrapped up in. They dangle just enough carrots to keep him interested and trotting after them like a lost puppy, but never develop into serious girlfriends. One in particular would disapear for a few months at a time whenever she found somebody she actually fancied, and would resurface every time it went horribly wrong. Poor bloke never learned - attention is like currency, spend it wisely.

    By Blogger LC, at 10:56 AM  

  • Ooh that's nasty, girl has issues. Slap her from me an all, just because I like bitterness ;)

    By Blogger Fuckkit, at 12:37 PM  

  • I had a friend who got himself in a similar situation. She was always telling him she didn't like him enough to actually go out with him but she kindly used to let him go down on her but that was it.

    It went on for a couple of months until she went off with some rugby playing twat who ended up shagging her sister. Well, it made us laugh.

    By Blogger hen, at 1:08 PM  

  • What a cow. So annoying when you can't really do anything to stop mates falling for the wrong type / people who just aren't interested.

    By Blogger Tabby Rabbit, at 1:13 PM  

  • Hate girls like that. My brother has just escaped from the clutches of someone like that... And I'm normally the girl who meets the guy after he has met that kind of girl... Bitch, a tug of the hair and handbag whack from me...

    By Blogger The Lady Muck, at 1:26 PM  

  • men behave like that too

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 1:42 PM  

  • I've been suckered like this more than once. I'm an easy mark for a pretty girl who seems to be interested in me. And I never learn. I blame my genes. It's obviously in their interest to ensure my amnesia, in case they miss a chance to be passed on.

    By Blogger DavetheF, at 6:40 PM  

  • yeah, slap her a couple times for me, too. thats how nice guys get turned into mysogynists. whadda biss'.

    By Blogger First Nations, at 8:30 PM  

  • She's what we call a ho-bag.

    By Blogger yezenia, at 8:47 PM  

  • you have a much higher opinion of the female of the species than i do, spin. I think _most_ women are self-centered manipulative shrews who make the few sane among us look bad. = the reason i've never dated a chick despite being bi.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 1:52 PM  

  • You've known some really nasty hags in your day!

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 3:41 PM  

  • I hate that sort of behaviour. One of my best mates was in a very similar situation, with a very similar sounding girl.

    I wanted to tear her hair out and kick her shins.

    I disagree with Chaucer's Bitch, though. I think there's a minority who give the rest of us a bad name.

    By Blogger Léonie, at 5:08 PM  

  • A valid point, GreastSheElephant, but women are better at it ;)

    By Blogger Fuckkit, at 10:16 PM  

  • Pycopathy. Mild psycopathy admittedly, but still psycopathy.

    By Blogger garfer, at 8:51 AM  

  • And men always always always go for women like Sarah.

    By Blogger Sooz, at 10:06 PM  

  • i know what GSE means though. a man did that to me once. actually, one of his best lines was "it's a shame i don't like bigger women really - otherwise you'd be perfect for me". i was a size 12. and lonely.

    what??

    By Blogger surly girl, at 6:18 PM  

  • I guess this is the 'prick-teasing whore' you're talking about!

    Hmmm. Pondering ... what do you call a girl who always puts out after a tease, but doesn't stick around for all the long term crap?

    By Blogger SBB, at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home