Spinsterella

Monday, February 13, 2006

Ex Story # 7

Well, seeing as it’s Valentine’s day, here’s a nice one. I realise that many of you are probably wondering why I continued to go out with such a galloping arsehole for so long. And yes, all the ‘ex’ stories are about the same bloke. He wasn’t a twat all the time..

It was the week before Valentines. We’d only being going out for six weeks or so, so I thought we’d better have a chat.

Me – Just letting you know, I’ve never sent a Valentine card in my life, and I’m not about to start.
Him – Oh. OK. Yeah, it’s a load of bollocks anyhow.

On the morning of the 14th of February, he woke me up as he was on his way to work. "I’ve left the heat on in the kitchen" he said, "make sure you don’t forget to go into the kitchen to turn it off." Which was a bit strange, anyone would think he was trying to make sure I went in the kitchen before I left. Half-an-hour later when I got up, on the kitchen table was a small, square envelope, not much bigger than a gift-tag, addressed to me. Inside, it read:

"I thought you wouldn’t mind, as it’s only a tiny little card. Oh yeah, from Guess Who? "

All together now – aaawwwww.

10 Comments:

  • ok, that's sweet. But it still doesn't make up for the 'first time I saw you naked I almost pissed myself laughing' comment. That one is worthy of a bullet.
    Happy V-day Spinsterella-you can consider this a card :-)

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 9:47 PM  

  • Oh, I've missed reading your posts Spin.

    You've inspired me on so many levels. ;)

    And you're going to have an amazing time in Vegas. Just don't hang out with the married couples too much.

    By Blogger yezenia, at 8:38 AM  

  • Yes. Awwwwwww!

    I guess after only six weeks he had't showed his "arsehole" side yet!

    Happy V-day!

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:51 PM  

  • *vomits*

    *violently*

    By Anonymous Piggy and Tazzy, at 8:58 PM  

  • I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry

    By Blogger bedshaped, at 10:49 PM  

  • Well if he was going to do it, there could've been flowers as well.

    Just sayin'.

    By Anonymous whingerme, at 12:15 AM  

  • But if he was going to send flowers, they'd have to be a couple of small daisies, for consitency's sake...

    By the way, the anti-spam word I'm about to key in is "jahbit".

    Which sounds to me like a sexy, underage Rastafarian.

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 9:23 AM  

  • Sort of sweet. In a sickening way.

    Am catching up (tech problems in the warren) and am *very* confused with the wording he used about seeing you naked for the first time. Sounds a right eejit.

    By Blogger Tabby Rabbit, at 6:15 PM  

  • boys are so tricky, aren't they?

    i nearly married somone once then realised what a psycho he was. if only i'd had such an epiphany before marrying the ex...(i konw i wouldn't have had small person tho so it's confusing wishing i'd never met him)

    By Blogger surly girl, at 7:40 PM  

  • That is quite cute. *spews*

    By Blogger The Lady Muck, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home