Spinsterella

Friday, February 17, 2006

The 'C' Word

(I apologise in advance, this post involves the word "cuddle". Sorry.)

I'm sure you all saw in the news recently that scientists have recently
randomly decided (I mean discovered) that lust in relationship lasts at most two years, to be replaced by something which they are calling the "cuddle hormone" for us idiots who can't handle a bit of simple pop-science.

I can't possibly comment on this as the longest I have ever gone out with anyone has been one year and nine months, but it might explain why the 'c' word makes me want to vom.

11 Comments:

  • I'm surprised they said 2 years!

    By Blogger bedshaped, at 12:10 PM  

  • frankly it's the cuddles I miss

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 1:29 PM  

  • so really you are lucky you didn't get to two years - because trust me, the lack of lust in the latter stages of a long term relationship is particularly depressing

    By Blogger Kirses, at 4:42 PM  

  • Nah. What the hell do they know?

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 6:44 PM  

  • So, after two years do you also rediscover wanking?

    By Blogger Tim Footman, at 9:26 PM  

  • rediscover? surely you'd be careless to lose it in the first place

    By Anonymous riddledwiththepox, at 3:16 PM  

  • oxy

    oxytoxy

    oxymoron

    moron

    toxic

    toxic moron

    [see, i'm very very stoopid and it's people like me the boffins are making up special easy-to-say substitute words for]

    By Blogger Urban Chick, at 10:01 PM  

  • So we stop shagging after two years?

    Oh shit. Tazzy and I are at the two year point.

    By Anonymous Piggy and Tazzy, at 10:53 PM  

  • Call me crazy but I like cuddling.

    By Blogger Fuckkit, at 2:33 PM  

  • i too like the cuddle.

    i'm still a big fan of the good hard shag, mind.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 5:23 PM  

  • The word itself "cuddle" sounds a bit too much like curdle to me. So I can see how it'd make you want to puke. It really is a silly term, but the act itself, not so bad if you really (*warning* potential emesis-inducing term) love the person. Blech. I said it.

    By Blogger yezenia, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home