Spinsterella

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

You wait six months for a bus, then....

Oh God.

Things are starting to get a bit complicated.

So I was having a bit of email-banter with another bloke from the same workplace as Bloke-who-hasn't-emailed yeaterday, and he said something about "when we have that pint".

Eh?

What pint?

I was puzzled. But my work email is unbelievably sensitive, and just before Christmas I got several emails from Bloke 2 blocked. So I'm thinking that he must have mentioned going for a drink back then. It gets worse. Bloke 1 and Bloke 2 are flatmates as well as colleagues. And, I assume, friends. Now, Bloke 1 emailed my personal address, which, being computer-less, I didn't actually see for several days. While he was awaiting my reply (I'm surmising) Bloke 2 sauntered home and announced to Bloke 1 that he was meeting me for a drink...

Does that sound plausible?

Does it even make any sense?

10 Comments:

  • or worse, they've had a discussion about which one of them is going to have you and without any input from you, have decided it will be bloke 2. That happened to me once. Bloke 2 was hideous.

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 3:16 PM  

  • or - both of them are planning to meet you together and all they want is a pint. Bloke 2 is in charge of organising it. This might be the best outcome workwise.

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 3:18 PM  

  • ooh, intrigue and conflict. sounds like a soap opera, with you in the role of femme fatale. I'm eager to find out what happens. it's so exciting

    /sigh/ my life is so mundane in comparison

    By Blogger Cleavers, at 4:08 PM  

  • Hmm, what shall I make for dinner? Who said spit roast?

    By Anonymous Homer, at 4:58 PM  

  • Blimey! It all sounds a bit complicated. As the work thing's important, I'd forget about dates. Although, there may be more chance of getting work if you're boffing one of them... Hmmm....Or they might have a fight over you, one of them might leave, then you get a job and a fella. Result!

    By Blogger Miss Meep, at 5:02 PM  

  • If I say I'm confused will you hold it against me?

    By Blogger Aginoth, at 9:19 PM  

  • I'm totally confused as well.

    All's gone quiet on the email airwaves, so that may well be the end of that...

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 9:02 AM  

  • This is getting a bit Seinfeld.

    Haven't a clue how to read it, but suggest you mix it up a little by sending different times and dates to both...

    You said you liked Bloke 1, is Bloke 2 fit as well?

    By Blogger Ant, at 9:06 AM  

  • way too complicated for me I'm afraid. My only advice is to be very careful, since it involves work and all.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 4:55 PM  

  • Why don't you arrange to meet both of them for a pint to talk about work and see what happens? That way, you can further your career and see which one you fancy most.

    By Blogger Bex, at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home