Spinsterella

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Weakening...

In Borders this afternoon I was stopped in my tracks by a sign - Speed-dating - sign up here.

I read the whole notice. Twice.

No.

NO!

I am not interested in speed-dating, OK?

But Borders is a book shop, I mused, while flicking through magazines, so attendees will be people who read books. Hmmm, possibly not such a bad idea....

I sauntered casually past again, but this time I noticed a second sign.

Borders' Book Club - this month 'The Five People you Meet in Heaven'

Christ Almighty. I ran.

10 Comments:

  • Move away from the speed dating...

    By Blogger Kirses, at 9:26 PM  

  • The very fact that you considered it means you should immediately seek therapy.

    By Blogger Fuckkit, at 9:55 PM  

  • >>>Christ Almighty. I ran.

    How odd - George Bush was just on the news saying exactly the same thing...

    By Blogger LC, at 11:02 PM  

  • a wise woman will learn from GSE and LC's respective suffering!

    p.s. I read that book, I don't know what all the fuss is about, I gave it to my Mom.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 4:08 AM  

  • Bizzarely, my boss bought me that book for my birthday last year. It's DREADFUL.

    By Blogger Miss Meep, at 8:39 AM  

  • I got made to read it at the book group thing we used to go to. Book groups (especially not the one we went to) are not a good place to meet men.

    By Blogger Bex, at 11:22 AM  

  • Speed dating is a form of premature ejaculations.

    By Anonymous Dave F, at 7:04 PM  

  • my brother tried speed dating. it only made him more depressed. you did the right thing.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 2:35 PM  

  • my friend clare )of the nickname) swears by friends reunited for dating. she always seems to be having, er, a good time....(safely)

    By Blogger the Beep, at 12:32 AM  

  • ah. bollocks. Fingers. for ) read (.

    'pologies

    By Blogger the Beep, at 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home