Spinsterella

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Valentine Card - Part 2

As if waiting twenty-frigging-nine years for my first Mystery Valentine wasn't tragic enough...

I didn't quite give you the full story the other day, but hey, in the interests of absolute honesty, here follows the denouement.

I found the whole thing a bit creepy, and had a fair idea who the sender was anyhow. But the other (attached) girls in the office were wetting themselves with excitement. M had a brainwave and got on the phone.

"Hello, is that the Postroom?....It's M here from the Department-of-Doing-Fuck-All. Our Resident Spinster has had a Mystery Valentine and we were wondering if you spotted who sent it?......No......Noooo......(gales of laughter).....I can't tell her that!.......a serial Valentine sender.....I wish I hadn't asked!"

Yes, it seems he had decided to spread the love around, and had fired off about half-a-dozen cards altogether. It gets worse. The rest went to girls in the Telesales department. Telesales, for fuck's sake.

7 Comments:

  • Ah, the Dresden Technique.

    By Blogger Wyndham, at 9:49 AM  

  • I just want you to know Spinny, that when I send you that mysterious Valentine card with the picture of a goofily grinning Welsh idiot-savant on the front and signed 'love from the funniest man in Rothergavenny', I will not be sending a xeroxed and dog-eared copy of the same to Hannah, The Rock Mother, Brian Damage, Slothblog and Lydia as well. (Although, now I think about it, it would rather save on postage wouldn't it?)

    Love on ya,


    Bob

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 2:12 PM  

  • How positively charming of him...lol

    By Blogger The Lady Muck, at 4:37 PM  

  • isn't that special? :-)

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 5:34 PM  

  • I had a mystery valentines card several years running when I was in my early teens. I'm pretty sure it was from a member of family who knew I wouldn't get one otherwise. I think it's best to lie shamelessly when ti comes to Valentines Day.

    By Blogger frangelita, at 11:09 AM  

  • The only valentines card I ever get is from my mum.

    She doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's from her and signs it 'love mum and dad'.

    If that's not enough to drive you to drink, I don't know what is. Frankly, I'd take a mass issued Valentines card any day.

    By Blogger Cleavers, at 3:49 PM  

  • Look on the bright side, at least it means he hasn't got a shrine to you hidden away in his bedroom and he hasn't spent the last 6 months stalking you with a telephoto lens. Nor does he live in your attic or collect your hair from your plug-hole in order to make a coat he can wear to be closer to you.

    See, it's not all bad.

    By Blogger Fuckkit, at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home