Spinsterella

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Identity theft

Where I come from, taking the piss out of people is an essential skill necessary for social interaction. Maybe it's a celtic thing, but me and my Scottish and Irish ex-colleagues spend all day, every day mercilessly ripping one another to shreds - it's great craic. Slagging - it's a form of affection y'know....

Doesn't necessarily translate into print I suppose, but even still, I was really shocked when, over at my other blog, I was accused of being vindictive. As it turned out, I've had my ID stolen by some galloping knobrash, who has left an extraordinarily nasty comment in my name on one site that I know of (and god knows how many others). I've since discovered that's it's happened to quite a few people.

I'm quite disturbed by this. I know that it's only blogging, it's not like it's Real Life, but still, it's like nasty little bitches spreading rumours at school (which never even actually happened to me at school). I'm a really nice person, honest.

Anyhow, a bit pre-emptive, but if I leave any weird or offensive comments, it's not actually me. (Sarky, stupid, random, borderline offensive, um, it probably is...)

12 Comments:

  • man some people are weird. why would anyone do that?

    By Blogger Kirses, at 9:02 PM  

  • I noticed that. Didn't think it was you as it didn't read like you - use of language etc. Someone hijacked mine too although not for something anywhere near as nasty as that. Might I recommend having an avatar (like my paw of oppression) because the hijackers don't seem to be able to reproduce the avatar when they post.

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 9:29 PM  

  • Hello. Liked your "pluto" comment at Wyndham's so thought I'd come over and have a look - don't know why I haven't before, come to think of it...

    I'm now worried of ID theft...

    By Blogger Inexplicable DeVice, at 9:42 PM  

  • Hmmm, could have nasty repercussions if one is blogging under one's real name? D'oh.

    (And GSE - I've been trying to fathom out what your picture is for ages! Thanks for the enlightenment... :o)

    By Blogger Ant, at 9:43 PM  

  • Wow, some people must *really* have a lot of spare time.

    By Blogger patroclus, at 1:00 PM  

  • GSE, i like your picture (i knew what it was). I've been trying to figure out how to create one for myself (so i can be cool like you guys), but i'm a bit thick with the technicalities (medievalist and all that). so, er, how do i do it?

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 1:02 PM  

  • That's nasty. And weird. What sort of a person does that kind of thing?!

    Yours, Cher.

    By Blogger Lee, at 2:40 PM  

  • Scary shit. Who'da thunk it indeed. Little f*ckers.

    By Blogger The Lady Muck, at 5:57 PM  

  • how do they do that? just create a profile with the same info as yours? I'm not that careful with my personal information (do I need to be more paranoid?)
    yikes.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 7:01 PM  

  • what other blog? or did i read that wrong?

    By Blogger surly girl, at 9:38 PM  

  • Ah Surly.

    You've visited my other blog y'know. It looks a lot like this one, only there's more swearing and less, um, jism. It's not terribly good or well-maintained, I wouldn't bother.

    (I did have 4 blogs at one point - my job really was that dull)

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 7:22 AM  

  • Very useful cover story if one ever did want to get really down and dirty.

    By Anonymous Dave F, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home