Spinsterella

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ex Story #4

The time he abandoned me in a nightclub.

It was probably just after pub-chucking-out-time that we arrived at Le Bateau, but because the universities were on holiday it was pretty empty. My boyfriend was a failed rock singer (I mean struggling musician) and bartender, and knew plenty of people round town, so I wasn't surprised when he went over to chat to the bar-girl. She was tall, slim, mixed race, and absolutely fucking gorgeous. Just his type, in fact.

And he stayed there for the rest of the night.

Of course I didn't know his friends terribly well, so there was nothing for me to do except get incredibly drunk whilst watching him out of the corner of my eye. They were both leaning forward with their elbows on the bar; heads together, practically touching. Thankfully one of his mates was with a random girl who took pity and babysat me until the night was over.

So by the time we were walking home a couple of hours later, I was absolutely wankered; emotional and accusatory, whilst he was perfectly reasonable. God.

(In a totally bizarre post-script, he told me the next day that 'she' was actually a man, or used to be a man. But, very uncharacteristically, he totally refused to let me know any more about it, even months, years later, leaving my imagination to run riot.)

6 Comments:

  • >In a totally bizarre post-script, he told me the next day that 'she' was actually a man<
    How very reassuring!

    By Blogger Imogen, at 4:33 PM  

  • lucky escape for you!

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 8:57 PM  

  • Spurned for a guy. You must've felt pretty rubbih!

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:15 PM  

  • Have laughed my cock off. Bless you, dear!

    By Blogger Lee, at 3:42 PM  

  • Failed rock singer. Says it all.

    By Blogger Wyndham, at 6:15 PM  

  • Cannot believe you couldn't make it work with this guy -- he sounded like a keeper....

    By Blogger Whinger, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home