Spinsterella

Friday, December 23, 2005

I think I've just been asked out.

OK kids, this looks like a date to me, what do you think???

A bloke I met the other week has asked me out for a drink...

Some background. Out there in Real Life, there have been some exciting changes happening in the World of Spinster - involving leaving my horrible shitty job to do something slightly less soul-destroying. So recently I have met some New People who I am hoping will be able to give me some work in the near future. Including this chap.

So, do I like him?

Well, yeah. He ticks rather a lot of boxes on the What Spinny Requires in a Man
List from a few posts ago. He's clever and funny and can spell and has an interesting job and I've been to the pub a few times with him (and various others). The one drawback is that I want the work thing to happen more than anything else in the world, and jumping into the sack with one of the first people I meet might not be the cleverest move.

(And yes, I know that it's only a drink, but I do believe that, um, testing for compatability is best done sooner rather than later)


28/12 Update - So I emailed him back, cagily affirmative to the drink suggestion. I haven't heard back from him. Yet. Well, it is Xmas.

11 Comments:

  • >>>testing for compatability is best done sooner rather than later...

    Would an accurate translation of this be: "I'm easy?"

    Cool.

    By Blogger LC, at 12:44 PM  

  • Sounds very much like a date to me, my dear.

    By Blogger patroclus, at 5:18 PM  

  • Yup, s'date. With compatibility-testing written all over it...

    Tricky - a rebuff might endanger the work prospects as much as an acceptance...

    Is it possible to string him along until all deals are finalised, then dump or lay as you see fit?

    By Blogger Ant, at 5:43 PM  

  • Bollocks to the job. Go for it.

    By Blogger garfer, at 7:29 PM  

  • It's good copy for the blog. You've got to do it.

    By Blogger Wyndham, at 8:29 PM  

  • Do it, do it, do it, before you seal over like pierced ears left devoid of earrings.

    Living vicariously? MOI?

    Happy chrimble by the way.

    By Blogger Homer, at 9:19 PM  

  • thanks for that metaphor, Homer. Shudders. Checks.

    Go for it I say, Spin. What sort of work are you looking for anyhow?

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 10:48 PM  

  • go on the date anyway. Its not every day you find someone who turns your crank who can actually spell too!

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 4:46 PM  

  • No no no! Do you know why Scott Adams, after writing a gf for Dilbert into the stip, had to eliminate the character? because his LOSER readership couldn't emotionally cope with DILBER succeeding where they were all failing, year after year after fucking year. No no no, spin, you're not allowed to date. You're role in the universe is to remind your fellow spinsters that we're not alone. If you get yours, i'll have to shoot myself!

    just kidding. seriously, go for it. there's always more work out there, but love is one in a mil. be happy, sista.

    By Blogger Chaucer's Bitch, at 4:48 AM  

  • Never, ever, jump in the sack or any other receptacle with someone you work with or may end up working with. It's a recipe for workplace misery and even disaster. I should know, I married someone from work and since I was her boss, she used home advantage to be totally insubordinate and spend the evenings fighting. Divorce followed ... On another occasion I fell for someone at work after a onenighter and she spent her time after that doing her best to avoid looking at me, never mind conversing. Imagine having that elephant in the room every time you go to work.

    By Anonymous Dave F, at 9:23 AM  

  • Easy?

    How very dare you!

    Actually, I'm quite difficult.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home