Spinsterella

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Picky Bugger

I went to see Elbow last night with a friend, and another friend of his, who I've met a couple of times now and am kind of developing a bit of a liking for.

Bad things:

-he's 26
-blonde
-public schoolboy*
-he has a very sensible hairstyle

But he is extremely clever and funny and charismatic, and not only does he have a proper job which is interesting and not totally fascist, but he's a singer in a band as well. And they're good. God, I'm such a complete sucker for creative types.

I've gone out with a couple of public-school-boys in the past (on the crap side if I remember rightly). They were both first generation public school though, and a little bit, well, nouveau....So I've never actually dated a proper trotting home-counties posh lad before.

When I saw his band a few weeks ago the drummer said to me after the show, "You must be Spinny then". As I don't know anyone else in the band I surmised that Mr Public School must have been talking about me. And that he was saying Nice Things. Of course.

This is the only tenuous 'evidence' I have that he is even remotely interested in me in the first place....

*In the UK "public" school, rather confusingly, actually means private school.

10 Comments:

  • Go for it - as long as "his pad" equates to nothing less than a mansion somewhere in Wiltshire...

    By Blogger Ant, at 9:35 PM  

  • Or his "estate" isn't preceded by the words "council" or "Bovis Homes".

    By Blogger Homer, at 11:30 AM  

  • and as long as he's not that one that learnt to be a graffitti artist on "Faking It"...

    By Blogger RickB, at 12:58 PM  

  • and he's not one of the kids from "rock school". check for yellow socks and a kiss t-shirt

    By Blogger surly girl, at 1:48 PM  

  • Public schoolboys are not as la-di-da as they like to make out, most of them are down right dirty. Must be all that repressed teenage angst coming out. Definitely worth a sniff ;-)

    By Blogger Cleavers, at 2:53 PM  

  • My other half went to a (minor) private school and it didn't do him any harm. I don't mind dressing up as a schoolmaster and giving him a hand-job every other month while he conjugates Latin verbs, honest...

    By Blogger Homer, at 4:33 PM  

  • homer - you dirty lady. that made me snort mint aero out of my nose. and it hurt!!

    By Blogger surly girl, at 4:06 PM  

  • Maybe his sensible hairstyle will get attractively mussed up and look better when the shenaniganning starts? One thing: 26 yearolds have so much energy. Ah... recent memories...

    By Blogger zura, at 8:54 PM  

  • I got cornered by a bunch of drunk public schoolboys in a bar in Thailand some years ago, they seemed desperate to tell somebody about the fact that they'd just spent the afternoon taking it in turns to bugger a ladyboy in their hotel room. Stereotypes exist for a reason...

    By Blogger LC, at 7:35 PM  

  • Spinny,

    Could you fix up one of his friends for Roberta?


    Thanks,


    Bob

    p.s. I have linked to you - because you're Grrrrrrr-eat! (....but don't feel in any way obligated to recpri ...recripr....recirop....do the same.....)

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home