Spinsterella

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm in the Guardian

Well, sort of.

When I'm tarting myself around other blogs whilst "working" I often drop by the Guardian (top UK left-leaning broadsheet, oh I mean berliner). And on a Saturday, they publish the best couple of bits from their newsblogs in the actual proper newspaper. And there I was, (spinster) Ella, having a moan.
They didn't print my web address though - just as well, we don't want just anybody calling round now, do we?

I've bought myself a second hand lap-top. Now it comes equipped with a long black lead with an electrical plug, a longish red lead, and a really short funny-looking black lead. Apparently all I need now is something called a "modem" and the internet'll work? I currently do all my blogging at work, minimised into a tiny screen in the futile hope that my boss can't see what I'm up to. I can't wait till I get sacked for extreme internet abuse...

I've just been home visiting the aged parents. Other people go to hot places on holiday, I get to go to rainy old Ireland. As if that wasn't grim enough, my mother asked me the social scene question again. It's only been about 3 months since the last time..

3 Comments:

  • That's the advantage of living abroad - they are so pleased to speak to you once a week or see you once every six months that the 'social scene' question doesn't come up.

    From a fellow appearer in the Guardian!

    By Blogger Cleavers, at 2:00 PM  

  • Congrats on the mention in the Guardian! wooohooo!

    oh.ugh. the social scene question....and to think my 'rents want my social scene to be more like yours!

    btw, LMFAO does mean 'laughing my fucking arse off'....but that other guy's definition was pretty funny too!

    By Blogger little sister, at 12:01 AM  

  • augh! I mean, they don't want me to have a social scene at all...not that yours is bad....I'm kind of missing my crazy days.

    gotta watch how I phrase these things (sorry).

    that's what goes wrong when I'm all about me (oops)

    By Blogger little sister, at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home