Spinsterella

Friday, September 16, 2005

Not that I care or anything...



I have a guilty secret. I have been keeping an sly eye on my ex-boyfriend over the past couple of years on Friends Reunited. There are mitigating circumstances, please bear with me.

About two and a half years ago I got an email from him, totally out-of-the-blue. It had been nearly five years since I'd seen him, but enough time had passed that I was more pleased than pissed-off that he had gone to the bother of tracking me down. After a few friendly emails it turned out that he was going to be in town for a wedding in a couple of weeks. He tentatively suggested that we meet up, and I tentatively agreed....

Then he disappeared. The weekend of the wedding came and went, and I heard nothing. I sent him another email, just asking what's going on? but then left it at that....

I was totally fucked up by this for quite some time. Why was he so apologetic about losing touch all those years ago, only to do exactly the same thing again? (OK, I did send him one slightly bonkers email, but I had just gotten back from travelling for 18 months and was unemployed, homeless, skint and totally fuckin' head-staggered...)

Hence the internet stalking. I didn't go mental, not like one woman I read about who continued to read her ex's emails (he'd foolishly not changed his password), followed his work movements around the country, and was able to view his new girlfriend's apartment when it was for sale, all on the internet. All I did was check his post on Friends Reunited every now and again, to see if it changed. But it never did, so I guessed he must have gone under a bus.....

I'm fairly well cured of him by now - there have been plenty of other useless men to obsess about since - so it's gotta be the best part of a year since I last looked. But I had a particularly bored morning today - and he's disappeared! So he's alive after all, I guess.

I'm currently taking succour from the assumption that the new creative enterprise that he was bragging about on his old post has possibly not worked out that well....

4 Comments:

  • Helloe
    I download 2500.Celebrities.Melodies.For.Mobile-Turboreactor
    but donot oppeing .please send for me password for use it
    thanks
    jamshid- Iran- zanjan
    happy you come here.

    By Anonymous jamsheid, at 2:22 PM  

  • hello
    i am form iran for u
    i am happy if you visit my web and with me freand

    By Anonymous jamsheid, at 2:24 PM  

  • ew, spinsta, someone has spommited in your comments!

    As for the mild internet stalking, that's all it was - mild and on the internet. It isn't like you were surveilling him or anything...just innocent watching from afar out of curiosity. I'll admit, I've done the same a few times regarding the Snotty Prof, but I'm getting over it. I've even noticed his on-again-off-again thing on match.com. Apparently he's going through women left and right, and I find it amusing.

    And it's no wonder you're curious, what with his e-mail out of the blue and then his disappearance back into the blue...how rude!

    By Blogger little sister, at 6:35 PM  

  • Maybe he disappeared because he didn't want to be stalked anymore?

    By Anonymous Scarlette O'Harlot, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home