Spinsterella

Friday, September 23, 2005

Internet stalking - some excuses

Y'see, in the olden days when everybody lived in the same village for their entire life there was no need for any surrepticious stalker-type behaviour. Because when you split up with someone, every man and his dog knows what's going on, and would delight in telling you all about his beautiful/clever/funy/ interesting new girlfriend. And you'd run into them in the pub all the bloody time as well.

But nowadays, because we urbanistas have moved away from home, and travelled all over the world, and inhabit big anonymous cities....a wee bit more cunning is needed.

Sadly, because my ex has got an utterly bog-common name, and has clearly never done anything that interesting, he's pretty much un-Googlable. Probably not such a bad thing, really...

5 Comments:

  • Hold on there girl! Justifying your 'stalking' is the first step on a road you don't want to go down.

    By Anonymous Scarlette O'Harlot, at 5:11 PM  

  • Oh come on now, we've all done our bit of cyberstalking.

    Cyberstalking aside though, I much prefer the anonymity of living in a big city. I hate running into exes, regardless of who ended it and how.

    By Blogger yezenia, at 6:15 PM  

  • Yup, I'm guilty of this too - especially when you see that your ex has started reading your blog (3 days before you are going to be back in town....)

    Hmm, just off to see Friends Reunited now.....

    By Blogger Cleavers, at 5:20 PM  

  • I've totally googled or cyberstalked my exes. I'm curious to know where they are and what they're doing. I've yet to find anything interesting.

    By Blogger LeLo in NoPo, at 4:45 AM  

  • Heck, I'm not gonna beat around the bush here, Spinny - it's just plain too mach dang fun!!

    (I love the bit where they start threatening legal action - really gets me where it counts!! All you've gotta do to get me salivating like a Pavolv dog is to start saying "It is with regret that my client wishes me to inform you that due to your repeated and unwelcome visitations - and despite her sincerest ministration to the effect that you desist from tem - we have no other alternative than to....)

    Dang...these were clean on today....


    Love on ya, ya wonderful old Spinny and loan!


    Bob

    By Blogger Robert A. Swipe, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home