Spinsterella

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Sparkley spinsters

I've been attempting to reclaim the word "spinster" for many, many years now . As everybody knows, the word originated in the 13th century to refer to a financially independent woman who worked as a spinner. So I revel in my hectic spinster lifestyle, with my many spinster and bachelor friends, and relax in my very nice spinster-pad, which I share with my very cool fellow-spinster flatmate.

A few years ago the high street was full of little t-shirts with "angel" or "babe" or some-such rubbish such printed across the front in sequins or glitter. It was then I had my one and only ever brilliant idea...

"I want one of those, but with Spinster on it"

Not only would it look fabulous on our buxom chests, but it would also help deal with the minor problem that many of us professional spinsters have - lots of platonic male friends. Sitting in a pub with a man makes you look like a couple - not the impression you want to give to any foxy men in the vicinity.

Then Barbara Ellen went and stole my idea. Hmph.

3 Comments:

  • The single spinsters I work with are an embarrassment to spinsters everywhere. They spend all their time moaning about how they haven't got men/are too fat, but spend every weekend round each others houses eating Pringles. They shouldn't be allowed to wear sparkly t-shirts.

    By Blogger Miss Meep, at 4:03 PM  

  • ooh, that's a very good point.

    There'd have to be a very strict vetting procedure!

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 8:59 AM  

  • In the kindest way possible...I says "tick-tock on the baby clock"

    By Blogger Hippo, at 3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home