Spinsterella

Monday, June 13, 2005

How to get up in the morning

My ex-boyfriend liked to set his clock radio early, then doze with the radio on for an entire hour before getting up.

Fair enough, but do you think he moderated his behaviour when the lovely spinster was sharing his bed? Of course he didn't, he wouldn't be known as "selfish, cold-hearted, emotionally stunted twat" then would he? Many a morning I spent lying there, wide-frigging-awake, knackered and pissed off.

One night, I woke up with such screaming, agonising pains in my shoulder that I had to rush to Casualty, there was no way I could wait till the next morning to go the doctor. And did my ever-so-sympathetic boyfriend come to the hospital with me? No. Actually, he didn't even get out of bed. In fact, he said to me "For fuck's sake, will you just get up so at least one of us can get some sleep".


Did I mention that he dumped me in the middle of my university finals? (He did ccome crawling back a few weeks later, but you can't fault his timing...)

4 Comments:

  • I had an ex like that too. He used to set his stereo to ultra loud and then sleep through it for an hour. He liked kind of loud rock as well. Mmm, Ace of Spades at that time of the morning.

    His name wasn't Nick, was it?

    By Blogger Bex, at 12:44 PM  

  • Beh! Honestly! i makes me ashamed to be male, it does! Useless bf's!

    MY guests (friends or otherwise) can lie in while i make them breakfast (Nothing too sophisticated, though. Sorry) and/or a nice cup of something to their desired strength/taste.

    And all with an ironic grin and much amusement...

    or something like that...

    S.x

    By Blogger The Saturnyne, at 5:23 AM  

  • Indeed indeed. Peace and quiet for sleeping - tea and toast for waking up. It's really not that difficult, is it???

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 4:39 PM  

  • Errm that sounds like me

    By Anonymous Nick, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home