Spinsterella

Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Ex

I suppose I'd better get this one out of the way. My last serious, proper boyfriend was when I was at university, and it lasted a year and 9 months (still a record). And I was so madly in love with him, no guy since has ever really come close. But I think I've gotten to the point where I've gotten over him. Just.

So what was so special about him?

He was tall and gorgeous, couple of years older, placid, clever, not a 'suit', and we had all of the superficial things (music, films etc) in common.

But he was also grumpy, selfish, introverted, vain and callous. He told me once, after we'd been together for well over a year, that he didn't love me, and hadn't meant it on the two occasions he had said he did.

Well. How can any man measure up to that?

1 Comments:

  • Hold up sister, he said this to you after one year and you stayed with him for another 9 months?

    Sorry, I know I'm just a busybody on your blog. Don't mind me.

    By Blogger yezenia, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home